One of the guiding principles at SocialMatch is that all Publishers will move to feed based publishing.
We loved a recent AdAge article that re-iterates this.
Advertisers must adapt to the form and function of the modern internet. This means understanding its hallmark characteristics like feed-based content consumption and mobile-first design, and then creating content, not ads, that adds value to the user experience.
The article goes on to suggest ‘five pillars’ that serve as the foundation for advertising’s future:
- All Content Will Be Consumed In-Feed
- All Design Will Be Stripped of Ornamental Clutter
- All Sites Will Be Optimized for Cross-Platform Integration
- All Ads Will Be Treated As Content
- All Content Will Have Forums For Conversation
We couldn’t agree more.